Saturday, February 7, 2009

Another victory

Victory may be a strong word but I had another loss this week! 1.2 lbs for a total of 8 pounds in 5 weeks. It may seem like slow progress but I'm still losing and more importantly, I'm learning to get the good healthy guidelines in each day. I find myself make smarter choices for my body than I ever have before and really understanding why I need these nutrients over others. It's so much more than the actual weight, i'm learning life lessons.

I've cooked more than ever and realized that there are so many flavors in different vegetables and fruits that I never cooked with or ate. Don't get me wrong, I still like the good stuff, but I'm more receptive and willing to try the strange looking vegetables. For example, this year i've learned that I like:

-bell peppers (raw and cooked)
-baby spinach- i never had too much of an issue before but I can eat it out of the bag
-onions- all kinds, raw, grilled, sauteed
-mushrooms-real mushrooms-not the slimy ones in the bottles, ick!
-mustard-this is HUGE for me, I hated mustard but can now enjoy healthier meals b/c I like it!
-lean red meat- had digestive issues but the more often I eat it, the better my system is. Also provides a lot of nutrients
-hot green tea- full of anti oxidents

There are many others but these are the ones that stand out right now. Still looking forward to dinner with some friends at Monica's but I think i'm going to for go The Bomba and find something else to tantalize my taste buds!

2 comments:

  1. Lauren I am so proud of you!! It is a victory and be proud of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome!! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete