Saturday, February 14, 2009

Movie Review: Confessions of a Shopaholic


On my own scale of 1-4, 1 being the best, I give this movie a 2. It was entertaining enough and worth the hour and a half but it won't be one that I add to my collection. I didn't have any expectations going in to the movie as I've never read the books. I just wanted to be entertained for a while and it served it's purpose. There are no astonishing monologues or surprise twists, it's pretty much just a story of a girl that spends too much money but the unrealistic part is that she sells everything and makes enough to pay off all her debt. We all know the value of things goes DOWN once we buy, it doesn't remain the same. Either way, there's of course a love story, a story of quarreling friends, and the "group" that helps get her out of the mess she's created. Cute enough. There is a scene in the movie though that is dear to me as it unfortunately feels like part of my life currently but without the happy ending that happens in the movie. I prefer not to expand on that thought at the moment but the main character is wearing the outfit below during this part of the movie.


It's a feel good movie and who doesn't enjoy seeing fashionable things? By the way, Miami looks absolutely gorgeous in this movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment